What can/can’t I recycle?
We do “single-stream Recycling.” That means there is no sorting necessary! You can mix paper products right in with glass, plastic, and tin. Please do not use plastic bags; they mess up the recycling/sorting process!
What size bins are available?
We provide 35-, 65-, and 95-gallon garbage cans.
Do I have to place my cans at the curb in any special way?
No, not at this time! We pick up the way most of us grew up with, by hand. We do not have robotic arms trucks. Our team members wheel the trash toters to the truck and attach them to a hydraulic lift system that dumps them. Then they put them back at the curb, nice and neat, right next to each other. No more having to get out of your vehicle to move them to get into your driveway!
How do I get rid of paint cans?
WET PAINT IS NOT ALLOWED IN THE TRASH. Paint needs to be dried out. There are two ways you can accomplish this:
- Take cover off the paint can and add kitty litter. Let sit until dry and hard. Make sure to keep cans out of the reach of children.
- They sell a hardner at Home Depot or Lowe’s. When added to wet paint, it will dry and harden the paint in less than 30 minutes. Brand names are Krud Kutter at Lowe’s and Homex Paint Hardner at Home Depot or Wal-Mart.
What do I do with larger items?
We pick up large, bulky item on a set day each week, usually Wednesdays. Call our office to find out the charge and schedule your pickup. All prices are subject to change upon seeing the actual items. Sometimes people tend to understate what they have. Price increase will need to be okayed by the homeowner.
Do you pick up yard waste?
If you live in a town/city where they provide pickup of yard waste, we do not pick it up. If you live in a town/city where they only provide spring and fall yard waste collection, we will come to your house on Wednesdays or Thursdays. It depends on where you live as to the day. We will provide this service for no fee from April 15 thru Thanksgiving Day. Guidelines for yard waste are as follows:
- NO YARD WASTE MAY BE IN CANS OR BARRELS! All leaves and grass must be in paper biodegradable bags; no plastic bags allowed.
- No rocks, road gravel, blacktop, or concrete is allowed!
- Bags cannot weigh more then 40 lbs (one man must be able to lift and put in truck).
- All branches must be no longer then 4 feet long and tied and bundled together (one man must be able to lift and put in truck).
When is it BEST to place my trash/recycling out?
The BEST is always the night before. If you are not able to do this, then do it for the first couple weeks until you become familiar with our schedule of pickup. Our truck drivers are instructed to run their routes the same way each and every week. This allows us, generally, to be able to be close to the same time every week.
How often do you bill?
We bill each month in advance. We use a postcard bill to alert you regarding when it is due. We have 6-month and 12-month payment options that offer a percentage discount. Call us to find out more if this interests you.
Do you give out a separate toter (wheeled trash can) for recycling?
Yes, we do. Each customer decides what size trash toter they want. The pricing is set on the size of the trash toter. You can then choose whatever size recycling toter you feel your family will need. There is no charge for this. Recycling is included in the service. The more you recycle the better we like it!
We provide service the next business day after most national holidays. If your trash day falls on the day of a holiday or the day after a holiday, your garbage pickup will be delayed by one day for that week only. We do not operate on:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day